We have added to our comprehensive range of classroom based courses by launching a new e-learning platform. You can now learn at your own pace, in your own time and in the comfort of your home or office. There are three new e-learning courses: Understanding BeMS the basics, Understanding BeMS cooling and Understanding BeMS Heating.
These 45-minute courses will give you an overview of all elements relating to the BMS. Using periodic quizzes & audio narration, this course keeps the participant engaged throughout the training. There are online assessments after each section and the participant is expected to score at 80% or above to pass. Once you have passed the course you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Understanding BeMS Basics – Level 1 – with this course you will discover four main elements:
- Fundamentals which includes building characteristics, building loads and simple control theory.
- Controllers which covers inputs and outputs, hardware and the build-up of the application.
- Energy Controls: from front end supervisor to time schedules with explanation of optimisation & weather compensation.
- Building Energy Management System Architecture including communication protocols, basic networks and IoT.
Understanding BeMS COOLING – Level 1 – with this course you will discover four main elements:
- Chilled Water Generation looks at Refrigerant Law, Cooling Plant, the Compression Chiller, the Absorption Chiller,
Heat Pumps and Variable Refrigeration Flow systems.
- Chilled Water Distribution, explores different cooling circuits, the relationship between the Chiller and the Cooling
Towers, Dry Air Cooling and Direct Expansion Cooling.
- Energy Controls looking at Chilled Water Reset both entering and leaving the chiller and chiller sequencing.
- Terminal Units, covers Chilled Beams both active and passive along with Split Air Conditioning Units.
Understanding BeMS HEATING – Level 1 – with this course you will discover four main elements:
- Hot Water Generation covers heating plant, conventional and condensing boilers, heat pumps, solar power, biomass
boilers and combined heat and power.
- Hot Water Distribution around your building for heating and hot water services.
- Energy Controls, looking at weather compensation, boiler sequencing, flow limiting, boost, frost protection and
- Heating System Devices, covers different types of valves, pumps and their ability to save energy, sensor positioning
Please follow the link to our e-leaning platform where you will be able to see our catalogue of courses, register, login, purchase the courses through our partner’s payment gateway, Optimised Learning.
Ready to start learning? This way to our e-learning portal…