BCM01 – Fundamentals of HVAC & Building Technology
Sontay Academy > BCM01 – Fundamentals of HVAC & Building Technology
This assessed course gives an overview of the systems and technologies used in the heating, ventilating and air conditioning industry. Building control and building management systems are also covered. This course is designed for those already involved in building controls that need to have a knowledge and understanding of the terminology, technologies and systems used, whether they are managers, designers or installation engineers.
At the end of this course, delegates will understand:
- The physical fundamentals associated with buildings usage.
- The most important requirements of the building enclosure and building services installation.
- The principles of HVAC, and the psychometric chart.
- The functional principles of the most important HVAC systems and their main components.
- The fundamentals of measurement and controls.
- The purpose and basic variations of hydraulic circuits.
- The basic refrigeration cycle.
- Introduction to building technology.
- Physical principles.
- Introduction to ventilation and air conditioning.
- Introduction to measuring and control technology.
- Introduction to fundamental hydraulic circuits.
- Refrigeration technology.
- End of course assessment.
Booking Form and T&C
2 days course
Non Members £550 + VAT
BCIA Members £390 + VAT
Note: Prices do not include VAT